Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Flashback // Holz Hausen


This is not a photo from today, today is Grey and Icy and is the definition of a Wintery Mix.  This photo is from mid-November when we realized we had too much wood for the normal pile, but not quite enough for another whole wall (there is a whole shed full not pictured).
Enter the Holz Hausen.
I have to say, this was all Nathaniel's doing, with me peering from my studio window in awe.  I love it so much. I have such an affinity for nice wood piles, and it makes me so happy to see this little round stack out there everyday!  Apparently it can dry the wood faster, because of the way it is stacked it creates a kind of suction vortex, and that circulation can speed up the process.  Considering it is now fairly covered in snow, well, who knows. To me it is a beautiful sculpture of my future warmth.

* So this is my third post in, after years of wanting to "blog."  (I might get into that a little more deeply later on.)  Now, looking at my three little posts I can't help but think that I have not started off with the most enticing subjects!  A chicken, a frozen river, and a wood pile.  I promise that there will be some craft and work notes soon, but I must warn you that my life, though wonderful to me,  may seem... a bit tedious to many =)



No comments: